Why Read and Write ?

"A BOOK IS A VERSION OF THE WORLD, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT, IGNORE IT; OR OFFER YOUR OWN VERSION IN RETURN."

---salman rushdie

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father Figure ! (21 June 2010)




A banyan tree, never complains anything,
it knows only a duty, to shower a shadow, 
and number of potential seeds of wisdom
and plenty of branches of ideas for future generations.

A massive sky-blue heart, which never sheds tears,
only the tiny drops of early monsoon grief with fragrance of experienced soil
but later all his life the sustained summer of sense prevails
over deeply rooted personal ambitions sacrificed to bypass child`s dreams 

A marvellous combination of pragmatic and humorous colours of thoughts
commenting ironically without any philosophical baggage
on my mistakes, deeds and achievements worthy of his pondering in sagacious reflection
by inheriting five decades of charm in his observations, questions and affirmations

Oldest wine in oldest bottle, still his mind is so contemporary and fresh
he was a guardian when I was without money and house
he was a teacher when I was away from knowledge and common sense
and he was a mentor when I was ignorant about my potential and huge ability

What changed is my perception towards him, but his remains standstill
that I need to respect every relation, every promise and every word I cherish
that I have to obey the rules of the coming times and keep learning from the forgotten times
that I may be too modern, but not so to go away from our dynamic and diverse culture

Many inventions have arrived; cloning, stem cells and synthetic DNA,
but I am not sure how the fathers are made, may be that is the thing we sons have to discover,
by being in a search of that identity; a symbol of love, compassion and determination,
from every moment of the day and night, that question is still the biggest challenge to work upon !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment