Why Read and Write ?

"A BOOK IS A VERSION OF THE WORLD, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT, IGNORE IT; OR OFFER YOUR OWN VERSION IN RETURN."

---salman rushdie

Thursday, September 15, 2011

You are my Florence, You are my Venice...

 
--------------------------------
You are my Florence,
You are my Venice;
You are the ultimate destiny,
of my suffering, troubled soul...
 
You are my MichaelAngelo,
painting Sistine chappel of my life...
You are my Leornado,
Carving David, Monalisa of supreme virtues...
 
You are my civilisation,
which never declined, never falls...
Empire and citadels come and go,
but your delicate firmness rules the every droplet of republic...
and giving birth to singing shower of rewarding sweat.
 
You are in Saint Mary and you are in Saint Peter,
either religion does not matter, you are everywhere;
You are my sole god teaching me to love nature...
When my self belief fades away,
I start meditating about you...
 
You are the colours spread on the paintings of renessaince,
you are the curves deeply rooted
on the wounds of progressive sculptures
you are in the lips of lyrics and
in the fingers composing symphony of compassion....
 
You are the tolerant voice and
you are the aggressive hope; 
you are the accomodative spirit,
but you are also dissentful declaration...
 
I am a small flame,
merging myself in you every moment,
and the moment I find myself..........
....................away from you...
my agony .....................
creates Rome, Florence, Venice!
 
I dont want that agony,
because you are my heritage,
you are my history-arecheology,
you are my melancholy...
                                                          
                                                       (5th September, Rome) 


-------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment