Why Read and Write ?

"A BOOK IS A VERSION OF THE WORLD, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT, IGNORE IT; OR OFFER YOUR OWN VERSION IN RETURN."

---salman rushdie

Monday, July 5, 2010

Being Visible or Invisible (4 July 2010)



Exiled from my own voice, language and roots,
I am invisible to the world I belong,
Only my pain, grief and despair is visible nowdays,
How I am going to show that who I am actually?

So, I laugh, rejoice and celebrate my unseen face
In the small epiphanies of the everyday life,
To forget that invisibleness none wishes to write upon and
For recalling the buried visibility of my glorious past !

Who wants to be invisible anyway,
People like me who do not want to tolerate
The deliberate and shameless mockery of my sufferings;
Or people who resepect me  only because they fear
I hold the key to tarnish their corrupt visibleness ?

Penetrating the code of existence, this realistic invisibleness,
Negotiating with the identities of the multifaceted life, this imaginary visibleness,
I am stranded between the two giant pillars of my own personality;
Both helping me to actually play hide and seek with my fate,
With spontaneous and seamless conjectures and refutations of my image!

What if I could defeat my invisibleness, unavoidable anyhow,
What is I could hide my visibility, reluctant to change anyhow;
I do not want to be judged by relative insight of someone else,
I wish to be remembered by the absolute outlook of everyone else,
So, let me first decide what I really want, being visible or being invisible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment